At the foundation of every interesting and valuable mobile experience is a powerful backend. Architecting and building robust, fault-tolerant, scalable mobile server-side solutions requires expertise and attention to detail.
We will build secure, scalable solutions for our clients that work great now and contemplate the future, and always outclass their competition. It’s a tall order but at Baseflow it’s what we do every single day.
If you are annoyed by software that fails or is painfully slow when people actually use it - and you understand that anything short of optimal performance will ruin any mobile experience, every time - then you should join Baseflow and help us form the best mobile backend engineering team in the world.
If you have the talent and experience for this position, we’d like to talk to you.
- Are passionate about durable, secure, scalable systems that are always up and running
- Get excited by load tests throwing hundreds of thousands of users at your service - and your service never breaking a sweat
- Understand “traditional” Java Enterprise development and deployment approaches (JBoss, Weblogic, EJB) coupled with an approach that considers modern, - lightweight, flexible deployments (Dropwizard, Jetty)
- Have expert knowledge of relational databases - schema design, index strategy, querying, and performance tuning - there’s nothing SQL can do that you - can’t do with it
Valuable skills could be:
- A breadth of experience with languages such as Go, C++, or one of the JVM languages, such as Java
- Experience with .NET, .NET Core and Azure services
- Experience with production AWS or Azure deployments
- Experience automating large-scale systems with Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience designing, building, deploying and scaling fault tolerant systems used in production by a large base of users
- A deep understanding of REST and API design, that extends beyond buzzwords
- Production work with NoSQL data solutions - e.g., Couchbase, Cassandra, MarkLogic
- Expertise with search engines - e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr
- Production Big Data deployments using Hadoop - MapReduce or Streaming
- Experience with container-based deployment - e.g., Docker
- Experience with self-healing systems - e.g., Akka
- Experience with functional languages
- Experience and understanding of performance monitoring tools
Along with your resume, please include your GitHub account if you have one, as well as any relevant application or code samples.